Saturday 26 September 2009

Dilita Afrikana Peri-Peri Hot sauce Chicken




Chicken time again. Baked some lovely drumsticks for dinner the other night to go with my wafer chips. This time I tried an african sauce called Peri Peri. Its quite spicy and slightly sourish. There's barcelos in Vivocity which sells something quite similar. Over in the UK, we have nandos (http://www.nandos.co.uk/). I wished I had a grill or some sort to cook the chicken but I had to rely on my oven which was fine but the charred flavour would have given it that extra oo la la.





Here's a sample of the sauce that I used. Marinated the chicken in it overnight with some tomato ketchup and sugar to give it that caramalise taste. Just before throwing it in the over, I gave chicken a quick splash of lemon juice to help give the skin a crispy edge. Temperature 200 degrees celcius for about 20-25 mins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP