Friday 31 July 2009

Hong Kong Kitchen, Whitesands




The desserts at Hongkong cafe always look nicer than they taste. Compared to the local desserts, I would give the local ones triple thumbs up. Haven't tried the dessets in HK before so I can't say how this compares to the authentic versions. I ordered the triple snow ice which came with 3 different drizzles consisting of red bean, pineapple and strawberry. I like the pineapple drizzle the best because it reminds me of this candy sweet that I used to eat when I was younger. The strawberry drizzle tasted rather artificial and the red bean drizzle seemed rather dry in texture. At least there was a generous serving of jelly and atap ji (palm seeds). My tower collapse before I could bring it down safely. haha





Tian had the french toast which smells really like oneof those franchise donuts. It was heavily ladened with caramel sauce. I was hoping to find some thing sandwich between the bread but it was PLAIN!!. oh well. I guess i was expecting too much . The dessert din turn out to be as sweet as I thought it would be and the ice cream help to provide a nice soothing feeling to each bite.


White Sands Shopping Mall
1 Pasir Ris Central Street 3
#01-14 White Sands Shopping Mall
Singapore 518457
Tel: +65-6583 3611

Operating Hours:
Monday to Thursday – 11am to 2am
Friday – 11am to 3am
Saturday – 9am to 3am
Sunday – 9am to 2am


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP