Sunday 19 April 2009

Stewed Soy Sauce Pork Belly



Hmm.. I love stewed pork belly and its likely because of my dad's influence.. WY likes to say we tend to have the same eating habits as our parents. In this instance, I would say its true. My previous attempts with stewed soy sauce pork belly aka Lou Bak have been somewhat of a science experiement. Mum says oh just add sugar, soya sauce garlic cinnamon and can already..... I think in my head ..."ok"... so whats the measurement??
As such, I haven't been able to get that familliar taste back home.
This time round however, I have decided to be a little research. Oh boy, what you see about has to be my most succesful pork belly. Its savoury and not overpowered by sweetness and the pork was of the right consistency. Also, I ve managed to stained the eggs a nice semi-dark brown colour. I strongly urge those of you who are interested to try out this recipe

Ingredients
-------------------------

500g Pork Belly

MARINATE
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster
1 Tbsp thick dark soy sauce (not the watery version)
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Five spice powder
2 Tbsp Sugar


1 Whole Garlic
1 Tbsp thick dark soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup water
Hard Boild Eggs

Cut pork into 1 inch lengths/chunks, marinate with the sauces for half an hour preferbly. I did it for only 15mins. Hardboil some eggs to go along with the pork. Fry the pork with some oil. Add in half a cup of water. Stir the pork well till the water starts to boil. add in the garlic dark soy sauce, sugar and salt. Add the remaining water and eggs. Boil over low flame for half an hour. Serve with rice.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP